XcelPros is seeking a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer with expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data. This is an immediate hire and will be based out of our Bangalore office.
Nature of employment: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
We are looking for the big data engineer to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of a fast-paced team that enables Big Data and batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Java, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Storm, etc.) to deliver innovative solutions.
The role calls for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science, and data products. They must have strong Java development experience and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. Firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies would also be valuable. This is a research focused team, so your ability and desire to learn and apply new technologies will be key
Job Duties & Required Skills
- You will be responsible for delivering high-value next-generation products on aggressive deadlines and will be required to write high-quality, highly optimized/high-performance and maintainable code
- Work on distributed/big-data system to build, release and maintain an Always On scalable data processing and reporting platform
- Work on relational and NoSQL databases
- Build scalable architectures for data storage, transformation and analysis
- Experience with large scale Hadoop environments build and support including design, capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring
- Strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, MapReduce, Hadoop streaming, Sqoop, oozie and Hive
- Managing available resources such as hardware, data, and personnel so that deadlines are met
- Analysing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed
- Finding available datasets online that could be used for training
- Defining validation strategies
- Defining the pre-processing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset
- Defining data augmentation pipelines
- Training models and tuning their hyperparameters
- Analysing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
- Proficient in shell and Perl, python scripting
- Experience in setup, configuration and management of security for Hadoop clusters.
- Positive "Can Do" attitude with the zeal to learn
- Highly motivated to bring fresh thoughts to the table
- Highly creative, and most importantly, willing to exercise it
- Self-starter and self-learner, focused on research and learning
- Ability to play a variety of roles, and most importantly, take accountability
- Ability to communicate openly and embrace various perspectives without any inhibition
- Believe in a "No Politics" attitude. Politics can be detrimental to yourself and the organization.
- 2-3 years of experience with Big Data & Analytics solutions - Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Storm, Amazon Kinesis, AWS EMR, AWS Redshift, Lambda
- Strong design and programming skills
- Fluent with data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of OOPs concepts
Hands-on experience with any of the following valuable, though not mandatory. You must be willing to learn the below technologies on a need basis.
- Modern programming languages like Python and C++.
- Spring Framework, Redis, RDBMS, NoSQL a plus.
- Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, etc.
- DevOps with experience building and deploying to CloudFoundry, Docker, Kubernetes
- Infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Build automation technologies like Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Scripting languages like Perl, Shell, Groovy, etc.
You will be part of XcelPros’ Product Development Team. The team is tasked with conceptualizing, developing, designing, and implementing scalable products using cutting-edge technologies. The team is core to XcelPros’ technological ambitions and plays a crucial role to position us as a leader in B2B and B2C product development. The Product Development team is responsible to deliver products for both in-house requirements and for external clients.
Key objectives include
- Build data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and customer activity
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources using technology such as SQL and AWS
- Install database systems by developing flowcharts; apply optimum access techniques, coordinate installation actions and document actions
- Provide database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions and resolving problems
What You Can Expect from XcelPros
- Learning – At XcelPros, we have invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning opportunities—including exposure to leaders and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in the same way; therefore, we provide a range of resources, including team-based learning and certification opportunities.
- Benefits – We provide competitive compensation package as per the industry standards. Our other benefits comprise of Provident Fund, Paid Time Off, Casual/Sick Leaves, Maternity Leaves, as per policies
- Culture – Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every single day. We motivate individuals by recognizing their strength and interest and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware.
XcelPros is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Systems Integrator (SI), Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and IT Managed Services provider (ITMS / MSP). We are strategists delivering innovative business solutions to our customers via integrated solutions that amplify, impact and empower our customer's businesses. We believe that technology is the key enabler of exponential growth for both us and our customers.
XcelPros is headquartered in Greater Chicago with captive additional offices in the Bangalore.
XcelPros Offers Delivery & Services in these Areas:
- Systems Integration (Inception, Implementation, Project & Change Management, Training, Go-Live and Post Go-Live Support)
- Technology Strategy and Roadmap
- Business Process Optimization and Management
- Software Selection
- Implementation and upgrade of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
- Cloud-Based Solutions
- Mobility Solutions
- System Migration
- Application Maintenance & Support (AMS)
- IT Managed Services provider (ITMS / MSP)
We offer on-premise, cloud-based, and mobility solutions by leveraging industry-leading technologies within the Microsoft ecosystem including Microsoft Dynamics 365; Dynamics 365 for Sales (CRM), Dynamics 365 for Operations (ERP), Power BI, SharePoint, AX 2009, AX 2012, Azure and more.
Our Target Industries
The niche areas we serve are Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Bio-Medical, Biotech, Nutraceutical, Process Manufacturing, Highly Regulated, Food & Beverage, Distribution, Insurance, and Hi-Tech.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle