Choose your Category
- END OF SUPPORT FOR MICROSOFT PRODUCTS
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Power Automate
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mixed Reality
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Human Resources
END OF SUPPORT FOR MICROSOFT PRODUCTS
End-of-Support is the end of Extended Support for Microsoft products governed by Microsoft’s Fixed Policy, when support and servicing will no longer be available.
- Access 2010
- Excel 2010
- Excel Mobile 2010
- Office 2010 (all editions)
- OneNote 2010
- PowerPoint 2010
- Project 2010
- Publisher 2010
- Word 2010
- Office 2016 for Mac (all editions)
- Excel 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
- Word 2016 for Mac
- Exchange Server 2010 (all editions)
- FAST Search Server 2010 (all editions)
- Groove Server 2010
- Search Server 2010
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2010
- System Center Essentials 2010
- Visio 2010 (all editions)
- Visual Basic 2010 Express
- Windows Embedded Standard 7
Microsoft will provide a minimum notice of 12 months.
Each product has its lifecycle timeline defined by its respective Lifecycle Policy and is consistent by product family for new and future versions. However, older versions of Microsoft products may have different lifecycle timelines. Therefore, it is important to verify the exact product support dates for your product.
End of Support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 is set or October 13, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Microsoft has extended service six months past the original April 14, 2020 date.
- Internet Information Services Smooth Streaming Client 1.0
- Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010
- System Center Service Manager 2010
- Windows Communication Foundation RIA Services
Nav 2009 R2 entered End of Support on January 14, 2020.
As of January 14, 2020
- Expression Blend 3
- Expression Design 3
- Expression Encoder 3
- Expression Studio 3
- Expression Web 3
- Hyper-V Server 2008
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server Update Services 3.0
- Windows Storage Server 2008 (all editions)
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
In the spring of 2018 Microsoft renamed its Navision offering to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, available in Cloud and On-Premise versions
No. But if you want to experience Business Central as fully integrated with Office 365, you can sign up for a free trial of Office 365. If you do not have an Office 365 subscription, and don’t want to buy one, when you sign up, we can provision a new Azure Active Directory tenant for you so that you have access to the Azure portal where you have access to advanced administration tools.
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Assembly Management
Premium: All modules offered in Essentials plus
- Service Order Management
Yes it is required that all users in the organization have the same type of license.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is designed to work with the current version of the new Microsoft Edge.
- Chrome for Windows and Firefox for Windows: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is designed to work with the current version of these desktop browsers.
- Safari: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is designed to work with the current version of Safari on macOS.
- Microsoft Edge Legacy: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is designed to work with the legacy version of Microsoft Edge.
- Internet Explorer: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is designed to work with Internet Explorer 11 (build 11.0.9600.17239) for Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- Windows: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for Windows can be installed on devices with at least 1 GB of RAM and Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, or Education (32-bit and 64-bit editions).
- iOS: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for iPad and iPhone requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Android: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for Android tablet and Android phone can be installed on devices with at least 1GB of RAM and Android 6.0 or higher.
Device size: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is supported on smartphones with a minimum screen size of 4" and tablets with a minimum screen size of 7".
Assembly orders are internal orders, just like production orders, that are used to manage the assembly process and to connect the sales requirements with the involved warehouse activities. Assembly orders differ from other order types because they involve both output and consumption when posting. The assembly order header behaves similarly to an output journal line, and the assembly order lines behave similarly to consumption journal lines.
Production orders are used to manage the conversion of purchased materials into manufactured items. Production orders route work through various work or machine centers on the shop floor.
Yes. Some Cloud-based features may run on premises in certain cases and others are not supported at all.
- Built-in Power BI reports and charts
- Built-in Power Automate Management
- Outlook add-in
- Sales and Inventory Forecast
- Cortana Intelligence in Cash Flow Forecast
- Bulk Invoicing from Microsoft Bookings
- Create workflow from Flow
- Sandbox environments
- Late Payment Prediction
- In-product search
- Bulk Invoicing from Microsoft Bookings
The minimum license requirement for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is one.
Customers who have external accountants who wish to connect to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central application can purchase one per tenant at no additional cost. External Accountant Licenses contain all the same use rights as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central licenses except for the following: Access to user set up or admin tasks and any other Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central application.
Microsoft Power BI
The Microsoft Power BI service is a cloud-based business analytics service that enables anyone to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding. It connects users to a broad range of cloud-based and on-premises data through easy-to-use dashboards, interactive reports, and compelling visualizations that bring data to life.
Power BI Pro is an individual user license that allows access to all content and capabilities in the Power BI service. You can even share content and collaborate with other Pro users. Only Pro users can publish content to workspaces, share dashboards, and subscribe to dashboards and reports.
Power BI Premium provides dedicated capacity to deliver more consistent performance. It also supports larger data volumes in Power BI. For individual users, Premium enables widespread distribution of content by Pro users and it doesn't require per-user Pro licenses for recipients viewing the content. This means that consumers can collaborate with colleagues and view and interact with dashboards, reports, and apps that have been shared with them.
Power BI Report Server is an on-premises report server with a web portal in which you display and manage reports and KPIs. Along with it come the tools to create Power BI reports, paginated reports, mobile reports, and KPIs. Your users can access those reports in different ways: viewing them in a web browser or mobile device, or as an email in their in-box.
Microsoft Power BI can be purchased independently but is included in Office 365 Enterprise E5 subscriptions
Yes. Power BI Pro is required to publish reports, share dashboards, collaborate with colleagues in workspaces and engage in other related features.
There are hundreds of different data sources you can use with Power BI. Wherever you get your data from, that data has to be in a format consumable by the Power BI service. With consumable data, the Power BI service can create reports and dashboards.
- Dataset size limit - There's a 1-GB limit for datasets stored in Shared capacities in the Power BI service. If you need larger datasets, you can will need to use Power BI Premium
- Distinct values in a column - When caching data in a Power BI dataset (sometimes called 'Import' mode), there is a 1,999,999,997 limit on the number of distinct values that can be stored in a column.
- Row limit - When using DirectQuery, Power BI imposes a limit on the query results that are sent to your underlying data source. If the query sent to the data source returns more than one million rows, you see an error and the query fails. Your underlying data can still contain more than one million rows. You're unlikely to run into this limit as most reports aggregate the data into smaller sets of results
- Column limit - The maximum number of columns allowed in a dataset, across all tables in the dataset, is 16,000 columns. This limit applies to the Power BI service and to datasets used in Power BI Desktop. Power BI tracks the number of columns and tables in the dataset in this way, which means the maximum number of columns is 16,000 minus one for each table in the dataset.
The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and several Microsoft cloud services. These cloud services include Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate, Azure Analysis Services, and Azure Logic Apps. By using a gateway, organizations can keep databases and other data sources on their on-premises networks, yet securely use that on-premises data in cloud services.
- Microsoft Power BI offers a set of mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 mobile devices. In the mobile apps, you connect to and interact with your cloud and on-premises data.
- Organizations can use Microsoft Intune to manage devices and applications, including Power BI mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Microsoft Intune lets organizations control items like requiring an access pin, controlling how data is handled by the application, and even encrypting application data when the app isn't in use.
Consumers use the Microsoft Power BI service to explore reports and dashboards in order to make business decisions. Those reports and dashboards are created by Designers who have Microsoft Power BI Pro licenses. Pro users have the ability to share content with their colleagues and to control what their colleagues can and can't do with that content. Sometimes, designers share content by sending you links, and sometimes the content automatically installs and appears in Microsoft Power BI under Apps or Shared with me.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Dynamics GP is a complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution for small to medium sized businesses. Dynamics GP helps you gain control over your primary business drivers. From financials and human resource management to manufacturing and operations.
In October of 2019 Microsoft moved GP to the Modern Policy. The Modern Policy will offer continuous support and servicing including bugs, fixes, new features and patch updates for Dynamics GP
Microsoft has committed to three-yearly updates of Dynamics GP going forward. To stay current, clients will need to take at least one of the three yearly releases to stay supported by Microsoft
Before the October 2019 release, any older release will continue to follow their existing Lifecycle timelines under the Fixed Policy.
Microsoft Power Automate
Power Automate is a cloud-based service that provides a simple way for users to build workflows that automate time-consuming business tasks and processes across applications and services.
Microsoft Power Automate only requires an email address and a browser.
**Please note email addresses with .gov and .mil are not supported.
Power Automate connects to more than 100 data sources out of the box
There are numerous pre-built template flows for popular and common scenarios are available. Using a template only requires you to have access to the services in the template and to fill out any required settings.
Power Automate flows can be shared in two ways:
- You can add co-workers or groups in your organization as owners on your flows, so they can also edit and manage the flow.
- For flows that can be run manually, you can also grant other people or groups in your organization permission to just run the flow.
Users can create an unlimited number of flows based on license.
In April of 2020, Microsoft renamed its Office 365 small and medium business plans Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 includes:
- One Note
- One Drive
No action is needed from you. Your Office 365 subscription will automatically be renamed to Microsoft 365. You will see the name of your subscription update to the new name across your Admin Portal and monthly billing statements.
Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of apps and services included in all Microsoft 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required to access documents stored on OneDrive, unless you install the OneDrive desktop app.You should also connect to the Internet regularly to keep your version of Microsoft 365 up to date and to benefit from automatic upgrades. If you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your apps will go into reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print your documents but cannot edit the documents or create new ones.
You do not however need internet access for your Office apps, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, because the apps are fully installed on your computer.
- Monthly commitment payment: You pay month by month, and you can cancel at any time.
- The Microsoft 365 Enterprise ,Office 365 Enterprise plans and Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise are available for annual commitment payment.
- Annual commitment payment: You sign up for a one-year subscription, but you can choose to pay month to month or pay for the entire year at the time you sign up.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation
Previously named Microsoft Dynamics Project Service Automation helps organizations efficiently track, manage, and deliver project-based services, from the initial sale all the way to invoicing. The app enables you to: Plan projects, and create estimates work schedule and track project cost and revenue
Microsoft will discontinue sales of Microsoft Dynamics Project Service Automation on October 1, 2020.
Customers can evaluate Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation as part of the public preview starting June 22, 2020, while Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation will become generally available on October 1, 2020
Eligible customers using Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation may continue to use it through October 1, 2022 if on a CSP or Web Direct contract, or October 1, 2024 for EA customers, or until the end of their most recent Dynamics 365 contract or renewal, whichever occurs first.
- More advanced task planning from the embedded Microsoft Project for Web capabilities;
- Customer-facing invoice generation with sales taxes, date-effective exchange rates, and financial processes (e.g. project revenue recognition) to extend Sales to Invoice business processes
- Advanced contracting models such as multi-customer contracts, retainer-based contracts, Not-to-exceed limits and Task-based billing options
There will be no immediate disruption of service for existing customers. Customers should review their current contracts to determine end of contract dates prior to October 1, 2020.